Other roles I play as your birth doula include:*
- Assisting you (and your partner) to prepare and carry out your plans for the birth.
- Understanding the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of women in labor – and accommodating your unique concerns as outlined in your birth plan.
- Staying by your side throughout your entire labor.
- Facilitating communication between you, your partner, and clinical care providers.
- Nurturing your memory of your birth experience.
* From Doulas of North America (DONA)